below is a job description for the Drexel sailing coach. If you are interested, email our president, Barrett Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org
or if you know anyone that would be interested, please share!
Drexel University’s Club Sailing Team is currently looking for a head coach. Drexel University is located in the City of Philadelphia. The Sailing Team sails out of Corinthian Yacht Club which is located on the Delaware River in Essington, Pennsylvania. Currently the team has about 20 members and its own fleet of eight FJ’s.
We seek an experienced sailor who is not only knowledgeable in the fundamentals of racing, but who also has a great passion and enthusiasm for the sport. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the running of 2 or possibly 3 weekly practices, teaching fundamentals of racing, attending 2 regattas per season, attending annual CPR and First Aid training as well as Drexel athletics meetings, ensuring a safe practice environment, and complying with the Drexel Athletic Department requirements.
Requirements for the head coach is that they be a US Sailing Level 1 certified instructor as well as certified in CPR and First Aid. We also ask that they be able to:
- Communicate and convey their skills and knowledge effectively.
- Teach the fundamentals of sailboat racing effectively.
- Develop team members as sailors at all skill levels.
- Prepare individuals and the team as a whole for high level competition.
- Set goals and expectations for individual team members to strive for and achieve throughout their career on the team.
- Set goals and expectations for the entire Drexel sailing program.
- Be able to motivate individual team members as well as the whole team.
The Drexel sailing program strives for excellence, and expects the head sailing coach to create a competitive club team in MAISA, while developing and perpetuating a well organized, skilled, and fun sailing team.
The Drexel Sailing Team is a student run club sport, leaving the major decisions to the officers of the team, which includes scheduling of events, regattas, practices, fundraising, and recruiting new sailors. As a coach of the team, we do not require that you be a part of these decisions but would highly value your opinion on many of the matters that arise each year.
We look forward to an exciting and competitive Fall 2016 season. Please email your resume or questions to our President, Barrett Adams at email@example.com.
The Drexel Sailing Team